The primary responsibilities of this role will be to manage the inventory control system, maintain product data, rectify miscalculations, review and analyse the results of operations, report findings to management and make recommendations for improvement as necessary.
- Oversees team of inventory or warehouse employees.
- Manages inventory tracking system to record deliveries, shipments and stock levels.
- Evaluates deliveries, shipments and product levels to improve inventory control procedures.
- Analyses daily product and supply levels to anticipate inventory problems and shortages.
- Manages schedules of employees, deliveries and shipments to optimise operations.
- Communicates with inventory employees to meet business goals and address personnel issues.
- Develops business relationships with suppliers and clients.
- Proposes strategies to reduce costs and improve procedures of supply chain logistics.
- Monitors demand and analyses data to anticipate future supply and logistical needs.
- Reports on inventory levels, supply chain progress, procedural efficiency and personnel issues to upper management.
- Manages the recruitment and training of new inventory employees.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Leadership and management
- Verbal and written communication
- Organisational and logistics skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Data analysis
- Interpersonal ability
- Team oriented
- Proactive critical thinking
Education, Experience, and Requirements
- Bachelor’s or associate’s degree in business, logistics, systems engineering, supply chain management or similar
- Minimum of five years of experience in a similar role
- Experience working with inventory management software and forecasting strategies
- Experience conducting tracking and data analysis
- Product and inventory management certification a plus