Bontrue’s furnitures are covered by a limited period or no warranty (subjected to the category/product), from the date of purchase. During the warranty period, we repair the product free of cost or replace any required parts, provided the request of repair is raised by the customer along with the original invoice (hard or soft copy).
In case invoice copy cannot be produced, Bontrue will try its best to track down the transaction in its internal system. However, if we are unable to locate the transaction, the service might be denied.
Please note that although Bontrue takes utmost care of its products to the highest standards, the appearance of insignificant number of very minor scratches or marks on large furniture items is unavoidable during its normal course of manufacturing, storage and transport. Bontrue does not offer warranty or replacement for such unavoidable minute deviations.
A. Furniture Warranty Policy
1. Quality Of Goods
- The wood used in our furniture is seasoned with optimum moisture content. This reduces the impact of natural seasonal expansion and contraction of the wood.
- The wood that we use to manufacture our furniture passes through various processes to ensure right humidity levels within the wood. Prior to manufacturing, we also carry out treatments to prevent the hatching of borer, larvae in the wood.
- Our furniture is made of solid wood, particle wood and other natural materials such as marbles or stones. These materials have their own distinct natural differences and occasional minor blemish which are an inherent characteristic of these materials.
- Since the solid wood and the materials used in our furniture have their own distinctive feature/s, the changing seasons/climate, and/or any excessive dryness of the air, could lead to superficial hairline cracks in the wood. We make every effort to reduce such natural instances in the wood. However, due to the very nature of the wood/materials used to manufacture the products, complete elimination is not possible.
- For any knock-down furniture, the responsibility of Bontrue due to incorrect assembly of the product by our personnel/representative is 48 (forty eight) hours from date of delivery of the product.
2. Warranty covers the following
- Any manufacturing defect is covered under warranty. No warranty in upholstery of any product.
- Any request against any stains or damage to fabric upholstery is honourable if the request is initiated / informed immediately on the delivery of the goods and the same is endorsed by the delivery team. Any other warranty claims on the upholstery of the product will not be entertained.
- In case there are any damages found of the product after the end of the warranty period, the customer is expected to communicate the same to the customer support team. On reviewing the damage, a quotation for the repair work will be shared by the team. On approval from the customer, the team will visit their home and do the needful.
3. In The Event Of Any Manufacturing Defect In Non-Upholstered Products (Any Defect Detected On The Product That Is A Result Of Poor Workmanship)
- The exchange or repair of the faulty product is actioned by Bontrue at the original delivery address of the customer; which the customer provided during the purchase of the faulty product.
- Bontrue agrees to honour the request of exchange, repair or refund of the faulty product provided the customer furnishes either the original invoice/bill or provides a copy of the original invoice/bill thereby establishing proof of purchase of the faulty product.
- The exchange, repair or refund of the faulty product/s shall be at the sole discretion of Bontrue against expansion of cracks, bending & knots.
- No alteration or modification should have been made / carried out to / in the product/s, and the faulty product shall be in its original state for Bontrue to honour the request of exchange, repair or refund. Bontrue’s liability to exchange, repair or refund the product in case it is modified in any manner whatsoever by the customer shall cease upon such modification/s.
- The response time at Bontrue for addressing any complaint raised by the customer is maximum 7 (seven) working days from the date of the complaint. Please note that during this period, the Bontrue personnel / representative shall duly inspect the product for resolution of the customer complaint.
- The faulty products shall be made available to our personnel/representative at your address in case the personnel/representative desires to carry out any minor repair works in the faulty product.
- The length of the warranty for the repaired or replaced product is equal to the remaining length of the original warranty of the product when it was purchased originally by the customer.
- It is understood that the products purchased from exhibition sales / discounted sales may carry minor finish blemishes or shop soiling. In case of the product being purchased from discounted sales, the product/s are considered to be bought by the customer on “bought as seen and liked” basis, therefore, Bontrue shall not entertain any requests for exchange, replacement or refund unless the product suffers from any manufacturing defect as per the opinion of Bontrue, and which compromises the structural integrity of the product.
- For any knock-down furniture, if the customer opts to self assemble or deploy a third party for assembly, Bontrue does not take responsibility for damages caused to the product due to incorrect assembly.
- Replacement/exchange of the product is applicable only within 48 hours from the time of delivery, and is subject to availability. In case the substitute/alternate product is not available with us, we will offer a full refund on the product. Refunds will be initiated and fulfilled within 4 working days.
- The foregoing warranty shall not be treated as a rolling/continuing warranty and the products exchanged due to manufacturing defect shall be covered only for the remainder of the original warranty period (i.e. the remainder of the actual warranty period).
- Repaired products may not have the aesthetic appearance of a brand new product.
- In case there is a part from a model that has been discontinued, the staff is expected to understand and provide a suitable repair solution for the product.
4. In Case Of Customised Furniture
- Catalogue/customised orders are manufactured keeping your particular taste in mind and as per your specific requests. As these are not our standardised products, they cannot be returned or exchanged nor can the order be cancelled once placed.
- The products which are specifically customised / designed as per specific desire of a customer shall only be exchanged, replaced or refunded in case of any manufacturing defect.
B. The Bontrue Warranty On Products Does Not Cover
- Appearance of the product or any damage to the product resulting from normal wear and tear in the natural course of product usage given its aging, nature, function, composition and price, as well as damage due to usage of the product beyond its intended use.
- Warranty does not cover upholstery damage & wood borer infestation. To maximize the life of these materials please refer to the care instructions.
- Warranty does not cover furniture items used and damaged in public places.
- Compromised appearance of the product or any damage to the product resulting from normal wear and tear in the natural course of product usage given its aging and nature, as well as damage due to usage of the product beyond its intended use is not covered in the warranty.
- Warranty does not cover any damage to the product resulting from improper installation or assembly by third party, storage, improper maintenance, misuse or use not in compliance with the intended use, modifications or repairs, water damage, discolouration due to exposure to sunlight. Breakages to glass, mirrors, stone tops after delivery confirmation of the product are also not covered under the warranty.
- In case there is a damage to the product, it will be repaired and not replaced. If there is a particular part of the product that can not be repaired, Bontrue will try its best to arrange for the replacement of the particular part.
- Warranty will be applicable only within city limits. Any transportation cost during the redressal process must be borne by the customer.
- Chipping of laminated stone or the laminate on the stone due to regular usage.
- There are no other warranties, expressed or implied in all of the above mentioned cases.
- We always strive to maintain high quality standards and we continuously work towards improving them. We suggest you to please write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org should you desire to invoke the warranty on the products or if you are willing to share your feedback with us.
- Bontrue’s liability is limited to the purchase price of the defective or non-compliant products and Bontrue shall, under no circumstances in any manner whatsoever, be held liable for any indirect damage/s, costs, expenses or financial losses suffered by you or a third party.
- This warranty policy shall be effective from 1st April, 2021 and supersedes any and all previous policy/ies whether in written or oral form.
D. Delivery Policy
- Major damage during transport, delivery or assembly. Bontrue takes the responsibility of replacing any products which were delivered damaged or got damaged during assembly, if the request is initiated / informed immediately on the delivery of the goods and the same is endorsed by the delivery team.
- We design our packaging to be both environmentally friendly and strong! We test our boxes so as to ensure that the products are not damaged during transportation and delivery.
- Bontrue is not responsible for manual movement of furniture pieces / products, and in the absence of an elevator within the delivery address any damage/s that may be caused to the product/furniture or that may occur to the furniture shall be at the customer’s sole risk and responsibility.
- If there are any minor scratches/dents on delivery, the technician in the delivery team will fix it at the spot. Replacement for such issues may not be possible as furniture items are large and cannot be transported effortlessly. In the unfortunate event of the product being damaged beyond repair, we will replace it provided it is endorsed by our delivery team.
- Product purchased will be delivered only after the total bill amount is cleared.
- Any disputes are subjected to Hyderabad jurisdiction only.
Wood, stone, metal and leather goods
- Dust your furniture with a soft duster.
- If the furniture is very dusty, clean it with a slightly damp, non-abrasive sponge, after first testing it on a non-visible varnished part. Wipe with a soft, dry, lint-free cloth.
- Avoid the use of wax or any wax-based product.
- Avoid direct exposure to sources of heat, air conditioning, sunlight or moist environments/rain.
- Do not place cold or hot drinks directly on wooden surfaces as this may leave a halo.
In the unfortunate event of a spillage on non removable upholstered products given the variety of treatments and type of stains, we recommend that you contact a cleaning professional to assist in the removal of the stain without damaging the fabric.
To keep your covers looking their best for as long as possible, we recommend dry cleaning for all of our removable soft furnishings. Some products can also be machine washed at 30°C if specified on the product.